Now that you’re hooked on Chimney Rock National Monument and Ancestral Puebloan history, read on:
Visions of Chimney Rock: A Photographic Interpretation of the Place and Its People, is edited by Helen L. Richardson. The introduction by Dr. W. James Judge says, in part, “…Images captured herein, and the accompanying text of this book, offer a comprehensive insight into both the complexity and the mystery of Chimney Rock.”
The text (details) is written for the general adult reader and explores Chimney Rock and its place in Chacoan Culture. The book is 130 pages, 6″x9″ paperback, with 25 illustrations and 150 mostly full-color photos for $9.95 plus shipping and handling. Click on the Paypal “Buy Now” button below or use the Mail-in Order Form to purchase an autographed copy of our print version of a virtual tour of Chimney Rock National Monument. The Visions book is also available at the Chimney Rock National Monument Visitor Cabin, which has other souvenir items, educational material, and Native American arts and crafts for sale.
- Cassells, E. Steve. Archaeology of Colorado. Johnson Books; Revised edition (July 1997). (Paperback).
- Cole, Sally J. Legacy on Stone: Rock Art of the Colorado Plateau and Four Corners Region. Johnson Books (July 2008). (Paperback).
- Eddy, Frank W. Archaeological investigations at Chimney Rock Mesa, 1970-1972 (Memoirs of the Colorado Archaeological Society). Colorado Archaeological Society (1977).
- Houle, Marcy C. Wings For My Flight: The Peregrine Falcons of Chimney Rock. Pruett Publishing Company (July 1, 1999). (Paperback).
- Lekson, Stephen H. The Chaco Meridian: Centers of Political Power in the Ancient Southwest. AltaMira Press (March 24, 1999). (Paperback).
- Lekson, Stephen H. A History of the Ancient Southwest. School for Advanced Research Press, Santa Fe (2008). (Paperback).
- Lister, Florence C. In the Shadow of the Rocks. Durango Herald Small Press (Revised, updated 2011). (Paperback).
- Lister, Robert H. Those Who Came Before: Southwestern Archaeology in the National Park System. Southwest Parks & Monuments Association (December 1993).
- Malville, J. McKim and Gary Matlock. The Chimney Rock Archaeological Symposium October 1990 Durango CO. USDA (1993). (Paperback).
- Malville, J. McKim. A Guide to Prehistoric Astronomy in the Southwest. 3D Press (Revised and Updated, 2012). (Paperback).
- Malville, J. McKim. Chimney Rock: The Ultimate Outlier. Lexington Books (October, 2004). (Hardcover).
- Noble, David Grant. In Search of Chaco: New Approaches to an Archaeological Enigma. School of American Research Press (August, 2004). (Paperback).
- Noble, David Grant. Ancient Ruins of the Southwest: An Archaeological Guide (Arizona and the Southwest). Northland Publishing (January 2000). (Paperback).
- Roberts, David. In Search of the Old Ones. Simon & Schuster (April 1997). (Paperback).
- Stuart, David E. Anasazi America. University of New Mexico Press (2000) (Paperback).
- Strutin, Michal et al. Chaco a Cultural Legacy. Southwest Parks & Monuments Association (June 1994). (Paperback).
- Sutcliffe, Ron. Moon Tracks: Lunar Horizon Patterns. Moonspiral Press (2006). (Paperback).